East Coast Bucket List
- Weekend in DallasThe Drive Since I’m new to Texas there are a lot of cities on my list that i want to visit with Dallas being one of the top of my list. So when I had the opportunity to go to the State of Search Conference I was excited to have the weekend to check out the city. … Read more
- International Balloon FiestaHeading To The Fiesta It was Thursday afternoon and with Molly as my trusty sidekick and navigator headed out towards New Mexico. We thought that leaving at 3:30 would save us from the notoriously bad Austin rush hour traffic…… but we were wrong. So we put on the Tina Fey audio book “Bossy Pants” as we … Read more
- Moving to Austin Road Trip[googlemaps https://www.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Pleasant+Grove,+UT&daddr=Arches+National+Park,+Moab,+UT+to:Cortez,+CO+to:Mesa+Verde+National+Park,+Montezuma+County,+CO+to:Roswell,+NM+to:Carlsbad+Caverns+National+Park,+Carlsbad,+NM+to:Austin,+TX&geocode=FVboZwIdVAFX-Snnx5tBH4RNhzEeLL208h-9pg%3BFRkFTwIdPsB3-SGVxCjRaepCTylRqg2GGvbKgDGVxCjRaepCTw%3BFRPmOQIdOhyH-SkhwZxxl285hzFHL4MlCXmwWg%3BFRkZOAId9gCJ-SFjGPYbopX2eSkfcdcuv2A5hzFjGPYbopX2eQ%3BFVmO_QEd8BrF-SlV7axlE2XihjF-18905Asb5A%3BFY-J6gEdVpfE-SG9sju99z3Ubilb17jEE3njhjG9sju99z3Ubg%3BFRHXzQEdK48s-ikvA8ygmbVEhjF61WnUS0abXQ&aq=0&oq=Cortez,+Co&sll=35.281501,-104.72168&sspn=15.989587,33.530273&hl=en&mra=ps&ie=UTF8&t=m&ll=35.281501,-104.72168&spn=15.989587,33.530273&output=embed&w=600&h=350] Trip Summary 1,344 Miles 4 days Joined the National Parks Annual pass club & visited a park each day!
- SXSW AdventureWhat is SXSW? SXSW (South By Southwest) is when a few huge festivals happen in Austin Texas over the space of a two weeks! Officially they have Music, Film, and Interactive, but they also have comedy, education, and more coming I’m sure. To get an idea of what its about check the YouTube video
- CouchSurfing 101: CouchSurfing BasicsSo I’ve been traveling a lot the last few months and people have been asking me how I’ve been able to afford traveling so much. The biggest expense I’ve been able to avoid is paying for hotel, hostels, etc along the way. The main way I’ve been able to do this is with the website … Read more
- East Coast Trip 2013View Larger Map Trip Summary 2,144 Miles 3 Weeks Countless number of new friends, memories, and jokes
- 6 Lessons Learned From Running A 5K In A Sumo CostumeThe Sumo Saga A couple years ago I made one of the best purchases of my life, which was anÂ inflatableÂ sumo suit costume for Halloween. I’ve had so much fun wearing the sumo costume that I’ve tried to wear it as often as possible. So when I awoke at 7am Saturday morning and tried to … Read more
- Duck Beach 2013 – Memorial DayI had never heard of Duck Beach before moving out to the East Coast and luckily arrived just in time to go last year. Some people refer to it as the “Mormon Spring Break” and some people even did a horribly bad, but funny Duck Beach documentary.
- Parents Philly Visit 2013I’ve lived in Philly for over a year now and my parents wanted to come and see what I’ve been upto since moving out here. Â Here is a summary of our adventures. Grabbing Philly Cheesesteaks The 1st thing everyone wants to do upon arriving to the great city of Philadelphia is to grab a legit … Read more
- February Challenge- Balloon AnimalsThe Idea I’m trying this thing where I push myself to learn something each month and I thought that learning how to make balloon animals would be fun. I also have to admit that after watching the trailer “We Bought A Zoo” that I myself wanted to buy a zoo, but since I’m strapped for … Read more
- NJ Six Flags AdventuresRoller Coaster Rest Days : ) I am kind of an adrenaline junky and roller coasters are always a good way to get my fix. I’ve been to six flags in California & Illinois and made sure to put it on my to do list out here in Philly. Like a lot of things on … Read more
- Cheesesteak Triple Bypass Challenge
- Riding My Bike To WorkShortly after moving to Philly I knew that I needed to get a bike. I’ve found that it is truly the best way to get around and enjoy Philadelphia. My favorite and go to path is the Schuylkill. You will understand why if you check out these photos from the Schuylkill. If you go on Philly … Read more
- Get A Parking TicketIt sure didn’t take the long for the Philadelphia Parking Authority (PPA) to welcome me to their great city! I kind of knew how aggressive they could be from watching the reality show Parking Wars. Even with this research I was not prepared for my first parking violation in Philly.
- 2012 Resolutions and 30 day challengesWhen thinking of what to do for New Year Resolutions this year, i decided to change my strategy to doing a 30 day challenges each month instead of committing to doing a lot of goals for a whole year. I got the idea from someone that I really look upto, Matt Cutts, who explains the … Read more
- Bust A Move At Battle Of The yearBreak Dance Beginnings It started back in middle school, when i first saw some other guys break dancing. As soon as i saw what they were doing I knew i was going to be hooked! I would practice before wrestling workouts, on the weekends, and my parents even bought me some break dance tutorial … Read more
- Flash Mob FailSo one of the tasks on my bucket list is to be apart of a flash mob! If you haven’t haven’t heard of this before i really feel sorry for you! But not to worry i took the time to put this YouTube playlist together of my favorite Flash Mob videos. Or as i like … Read more
- Go SurfingSo i figured that since I love to wakeboard, snowboard, and longboard how hard could it be to tackle a surfboard? So when I was in San Diego with my friend Blake I thought that I was going to be a natural surfer and pick it up without a problem. It was amazing cause … Read more
- Ride A Real BullI heard from my friends Brian Nicodemus and Bryce Parker about this little secret in Marana, where you can pay $20 to ride a real bull! Every other Friday night they hold a mini rodeo for bull riders to practice bull riding. How could I pass up this opportunity? To ride a real bull for … Read more
- Great Urban Race 2011I’ve always thought that doing the tv show “The Amazing Race” would be so much fun, but after this weekend I realize that I would suck at it. My friend Alexis and I decided to try our hand at the Great Urban Race in Phoenix this year. The race encourages you to dress up in … Read more
- Sit in A Dumb & Dumber Heart Jacuzzi TubWho hasn’t seen Dumb and Dumber and not wanted to chill in a heart shaped hot tub? Back in college we were in New Jersey and the only request we had for a hotel was that it had to have a heart shaped jacuzzi tub. We found one in the shady part of town but … Read more
- Run the Rocky StairsIn Philadelphia people don’t see “Rocky” as a fictional character, he is a living legend. I can’t tell you how many people went off raving how great he is and how much he did for the city. After telling us all this the locals told us where the statue and stairs of Rocky were, and … Read more
- Trapeze FlyingThis story starts back in December of 2010, I was looking for Christmas presents for my brother and his wife who live in Seattle, so me being “Frugal Ben” went to Groupon Seattle to see if their were any good deals for them, and I came across this deal for a Trapeze Class at Emerald … Read more